Have you ever wondered why almost every website you click on these days has a blog?
Well, there are lots of reasons why a business blog is a great idea.
It’s not just because all business owners fancy themselves as the next Hemingway, although some may well have a penchant for donning a velvet smoking jacket and doing their best Oscar Wilde impression.
Writing is time consuming, that’s one of the reasons why a good copywriter is so invaluable, not that I’m biased at all. But, it also means that if a business is investing both time and money in maintaining their blog, it’s not just because it’s fun.There has to be some kind of return on that investment, so what is it?
Here are ten more good reasons why a blog is a sound business investment:
1. It is a really simple way of connecting with your customers and it allows you to pass on relevant information in a timely manner. You are not reliant upon print runs and postal deliveries; you just need to write it and upload it.
2. Blogs are excellent fuel for Search Engine Optimisation. SEO loves valuable content, so, the better your blog the more hits you will be rewarded with.
3. The more people you engage, the more clients you will find. According to a HubSpot survey, 60% of businesses that blog acquire more customers.
4. Writing a blog gives you a platform to show your expertise. Where else can you showcase your skills as a Subject Matter Expert and a market leader?
5. It’s the perfect place to comment on current trends and developments in your industry, publicise new products beyond your website and initiate discussions with a wider audience.
6. It allows your brand to express a personality and show people what you’re all about.You can give an insight in to your philosophy, your people, your inspirations and aspirations. Let your customers know why you are in business and how you can help them. It’s a great place to share your story.
7. Blogs create free PR. Business bloggers are often asked by journalists to comment on current industry developments or news stories. Why not take advantage of some free publicity?
8. A blog builds confidence in your brand which results in more sales. Customers will engage with you as an industry expert, they will seek your opinion and when it’s their turn to buy, it’s you they will come to.
9. Blogs are cost-effective marketing tools. Every piece you post is a long-term asset that helps build awareness of your brand and promote your services.
10. Blogging is fun and inspiring. You will start seeing ideas for future blog articles all around you when you are chatting with family, out with friends, watching television or perhaps walking your dog or creating a culinary masterpiece. It doesn’t have to be restricted 100% to business matters, sometimes a piece about a book you’ve read or a film you’ve just seen can forge a connection and engender trust in a current or future client.
So what are you waiting for? Grab that velvet smoking jacket and let’s get blogging!
If you found this article helpful please share it using the buttons below, or if you have any comments fire away!